Supplements to Introduction to CMMI
for Development, Services, and Acquisition
Official CMMI Institute One-Day Courses
These official one-day supplement classes cover the process areas that are unique to each of the three CMMI models. They are designed for those who have previously completed an Introduction to CMMI course for one model and wish to learn about the unique, or discipline-specific, content of one of the other models.
This course with its prerequisite, an Introduction to CMMI course, fulfills a prerequisite requirement for any course requiring an official introductory CMMI course. Participants who successfully complete the course receive an SEI certificate of completion.
- process improvement group members
- SCAMPI appraisal team members
- anyone interested in learning about CMMI-DEV, CMMI-SVC, or CMMI-ACQ
This course enables you to:
- explain how CMMI can help a development, service delivery, or acquisition organization improve its processes
- describe the unique elements of one CMMI model compared to another CMMI model
- determine which CMMI model is the right choice in a particular situation
The general format is lecture combined with class exercises designed to illustrate and reinforce the concepts presented, with ample opportunity for participant questions and discussions.
Before attending these courses, participants must have successfully completed an Introduction to CMMI (DEV or SVC) course.
About the instructors
The instructors are CMMI Institute-authorized instructors for this course and experienced Lead Appraisers for SCAMPI appraisals. They have been helping organizations improve quality and productivity for more than twenty years.